Process all GA applications through AIS unless:
- the system is not operational, or
- it is an exception situation where AIS cannot process a cash application.
Approve GA benefits for the Initial Prorated Entitlement (IPE) in this way:
- Begin with the 30th day after the date of application.
- Continue initial eligibility through the day before the first day of the first regular roll month.
Example 1: Client applies for GA on 07/08/96. On 07/08/96, client received $100 in contribution from a friend. Client provided all final verifications on 07/22/96.
The first day of GA eligibility is 08/07/96. Benefits are started from 08/07/96 by entering 08/07/96 in the Date of Decision field on the AIS Eligibility Determination Subsystem screen, or by entering 08-07-96 in Item 2 of Form 552 for
The $100 contribution is not budgeted against the initial prorated entitlement (IPE).
Example 2: Client applies for GA on 07/08/96. Client has no income. On 08/10/96, the final verification is obtained and the case is approved.
The first day of GA eligibility is 08/07/96, which is the 30th day following July 8. Cash benefits are started by entering 08/07/96 in the Date of Decision field on the AIS Eligibility Determination Subsystem screen, or by entering
08-07-96 in Item 2 of Form 552 for IPACS.
NOTE: An exception to the above approval method occurs when a person in the City of Chicago loses nonfinancial eligibility for AABD or TANF, or a person changes from GA Family and Children to GA Transitional Assistance
(see PM 17-02-03).
The system centrally computes the amount of the IPE when:
- everyone included in the original application is included in the approved case; and
- the income and/or needs amount applied to the IPE is also used for the regular monthly benefit.
The FCRC computes the IPE amount as an exception to central prorate when:
- a person(s) included in the IPE is not included in the first regular roll month, or a person(s) included in the first regular roll month is not included in the IPE; or
- income and/or needs included in the IPE are not included in the regular monthly benefit; or
- income and/or needs not included in the IPE period are included in the regular monthly benefit; or
- a disbursing order has been issued for food and/or rent which must be deducted from the IPE; or
- the IPE period is for more than 60 days.
TANF or AABD Cash Client Who Lost Eligibility Applies for GA
When a person is removed from a TANF Cash case for nonfinancial reasons or an AABD or TANF Cash case is canceled due to nonfinancial reasons, the system sends Form 157C. The notice advises the client that they can apply for GA and that no gap in
benefits will occur if they:
- apply for GA within 30 days of the date on the notice; and
- are determined eligible for GA.
- (Intake) Notify IM when a former AABD or TANF Cash client applies for GA.
- (IM) Forward case record to the Intake Administrator, after receiving notice that client has applied.
- (Intake) . Copy needed information from case record and return record back to IM.
- (IM) Notify Intake using an Inter-Office Memo (Form 139), when:
- a client appeals their deletion or case cancellation;
- a client withdraws the appeal they filed; or
- a Final Administrative Decision is received regarding the appeal.
Include the effective date of the deletion or cancellation on Form 139.
Approval Process Via AIS
During the screening and/or eligibility interview, ACID, AWVS, and ARS clearings are automatically generated by AIS for each application to determine whether anyone included in the unit has received benefits in the past 2 years. If anyone has received
benefits in the past 2 years, AIS enters the RIN on CAF Screen 7A.
Applications approved through AIS require the eligibility worker to enter specific information onto a series of AIS screens. The system codes Form 552 based on the information entered.
AIS determines eligibility for the first 30-day period and, if eligible, centrally computes the benefit amount for the first regular roll month.
AIS centrally generates and sends medical cards for the IPE period and for the first regular roll month.
Approve medical benefits effective the first month medical eligibility is established. However, do not approve medical benefits earlier than the first month before the month of application.
NOTE: For approvals via IPACS, see WAG 25-08-03.
Approval With an IPE
When income is budgeted, AIS performs a separate calculation based on income anticipated to be received during the IPE period or first regular roll month. The Family Community Resource Center completes a series of screens for the IPE computation which uses actual dates
and amounts of income to be received during the IPE period.
Approval Without an IPE
When a case is approved beginning with the regular roll month and no IPE is needed, complete the required screens as follows:
- Item 2 -Enter the effective month and year (4-digit date) that the approval or restored assistance can be made on the regular roll.
- Item 77 -Enter the 6-digit month, day, and year that GA medical eligibility begins.
- Item 80 -Enter any needs to be authorized in addition to the Payment Level amount.
Approval Eligible for IPE Only
When an applicant is determined eligible for the first 30 days and the IPE period, but ineligible for the first regular roll month, the case is:
- automatically identified,
- issued an IPE,
- canceled using the TAR for the reason for ineligibility, and
- centrally sent Form 157C to notify of the reason for cancellation.
See WAG 25-08-03 for instructions on completing Form 552 to approve and cancel the case.
If the applicant is eligible for medical benefits beyond the IPE period, set up a Medical case effective for the fiscal month of the GA cancellation. The date of application for Medical is the first day of the fiscal month of cancellation.
Centrally Issued Notice of Decision (Form 360C)
(System) If coded not to suppress, centrally sends the Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical and/or Food Stamps (Form 360C), for GA applications approved/denied through AIS. Centrally sends Important Notice
Regarding Your Eligibility For Transitional Assistance (Form 3385A) with each Transitional Assistance approval.
The system performs the following functions regarding the central notice process:
- Identifies the person(s) approved for GA.
- If a request for FS is made with an application for GA:
- identifies the person(s) approved for FS;
- identifies the person(s) denied FS; and
- gives the reason why they were found not eligible.
- If income is deducted from the regular roll check:
- gives the reason why a full check was not issued for the first regular roll month;
- shows the amount deducted from the first regular roll month; and
- gives the cash amount for the first regular roll month.
- Includes information about eligibility for medical backdate. The notice lists the names of the unit members who are ineligible for medical backdate and the reason for their ineligibility (see WAG 17-02-05-b).
- For cases receiving an IPE only, Form 360C shows the IPE amount, anticipated availability date, period covered by the IPE, and beginning and ending medical eligibility dates. The Family Community Resource Center prepares and sends Form 157 to notify the client of the
reason for cancellation.
- Centrally dates and mails Form 360C no later than 2 workdays after the date the approval is processed. Does not send copies of Form 360C to the FCRC. Sends the FCRC a daily list entitled IM Change Notices Issued Centrally/Intake Notices Issued
NOTE: The date each notice was sent is shown at the top of the list.
Locally Issued Notice of Decision (Form 360 Series)
(FCRC) See WAG 26-02-01-a for detailed information on how to complete the Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical and/or Food Stamps -
Local (Form 360 Series).
Complete and send the Form 360 series when:
- A GA cash application is approved through IPACS. (Form 552 requires entry of Code 90 in Item 39.)
When sending the Form 360 series and the IPE was centrally computed, determine the amount of the IPE by accessing the Client Payroll Inquiry (PF7/F7 APRI) screen (see IPACS II Manual Chapter 700). Access APRI about 48 hours after the approval was
entered on the computer. Enter the IPE amount in subsection, Approved Cash and/or Medical (Form 360D).
- A GA cash application is approved through AIS and the Family Community Resource Center has reason to send a locally issued decision notice. (Requires entry of Code 90 in Item 39 on the proper AIS screen.)
- A GA application includes an FS request. Complete and send the pages and sections of the Form 360 series that apply to the FS decision. If all the persons included in the FS application are not included in the approved case, list the ineligible
persons and the reason for ineligibility for FS food stamps in Section *I** (Form 360M).
- One or more of the persons for whom application is made are not included in the approved GA case, but are approved for another program such as 94R. When this happens:
- advise applicant of the person(s) approved for 94R benefits; and
- provide the denial reason for each benefit program any person(s) was determined not eligible.
When sending the Form 360 series, always send the first page (Form 360D) and the appeals rights page (Form 360N) along with any other pages and sections that apply to the program(s) for which a determination was made.
Always complete the following information on Form 360D:
- Date of Notice;
- Family Community Resource Center name, address, and telephone number; and
- Date of application.
Do not date Form 360D until the decision is made on the application. Enter as the date of notice the date Form 360D is mailed. Also send Important Notice Regarding Your Eligibility For Transitional Assistance (Form 3385A) with each Transitional