This section is an example of using ACM to determine eligibility and benefit amount on the TANF case of Ms. A.
Ms. A's RIN is 012112123. Her child care is being paid directly to the provider. Ms. A is employed full-time. Ms. A has no other income or assets.
Ms. A earned $600 gross in May (i.e., $150 a week). The earnings are expected to remain the same.
- (Worker) Enter asset information on the ACM Assets Screen.
- (Worker) Enter budgeting information on the ACM Earned Income Screen:
- gross weekly amount of earnings ($150),
- weekly pay dates, and
- full-time employment indicator.
- (Worker) Use the continuation function on the ACM Earned Income Screen to advance the anticipated earnings for the payment month.
- (ACM) Computes the budgetable earned income from the above data and continues to the next screen.
- (ACM) Transfers the amount of gross earned income to the Comparison of Income to the Payment Level screen.
In the case of Ms. A, ACM determines the case to be eligible and computes the TANF monthly benefit. The transaction is processed through the ACM system, centrally sending the correct notices to the client and producing a turnaround Form 552.
The turnaround Form 552 has the following information:
- Under Item 80 Code 401:
- RIN: 012112123
- self-employment business expenses: 0.
- Item 90 Code 802 with the amount of $640 with the appropriate source code.
Also, in Item 90 Code 599 appears in the amount of $160.
ACM computed the budgetable earned income of $160 as follows:
$640 gross earned income using income averaging
- 480 3/4 earned income deduction
$160 budgetable earned income
Code 401 appears in the following format on turnaround Form 552 whether it is processed through ACM or IPACS:
||SHARING - PERSONS
||SHARING - TOTAL COST