A written request is needed to change policy or procedures. A change might be creating new policy or procedures and/or revising current policy or procedures. The change is made and issued by one or more of the following documents:
- Manual Release
- Client Notice
- Official Memorandum
Use the Request for Change in Policy and/or Procedures (Form 2626) to request the change. The form should include the following information:
- Outline or description of the request.
- Reason for the request.
- Copies of any supporting information, decision papers, working drafts, inter-office memos.
- Requested effective date.
- Information about any computer changes that will be needed.
- Information about any new forms or changes in forms that will be needed.
- Information about how the change will impact DHS or HFS, field staff, fiscal considerations, and/or clients.
- Name and information of a contact person.
Form 2626 must be signed by the appropriate executive staff member, Regional Administrator, or Bureau Chief.