To determine countable monthly income, anticipate the amount of wages to be received as follows:
- If the person worked last month, figure the gross amount they earned in the last calendar month.
- Ask the person if the amount earned is expected to stay the same. (Same hourly wage? Same number of hours?)
- If the person says the amount is expected to stay the same, use the last calendar month's wages as the amount to be received each future month.
- Project the wages for the rest of the 12-month period.
- If the person says the amount is expected to change or they have not received any wages yet, figure the amount of wages expected to be received by asking the person:
- the hourly wage,
- the number of hours expected to work, and
- the number of pays expected.