To determine countable monthly income for an active Family Assist, case, deduct:
- allowable business expenses for self-employed persons (see PM 15-04-02-b);
- up to $50 per month from current child support received (see PM 15-04-02-f); and
- court ordered support that was actually paid to someone not in the unit (see PM 15-04-02-f).
In addition, deduct either:
- a 2/3 employment deduction; or
- the total of:
- $90 employment deduction for each employed client,
- earned income exemption (see PM 15-04-02-c for the appropriate amount), and
- child care expenses due to employment (see PM 15-04-02-b).