The following applies to an AABD Medical client applying for or receiving in-home care services through the Department on Aging (DoA services) with a community spouse. DoA services are also referred to as DoA Community Care Program services. A
Community (No Spenddown) case is one where the client:
- lives in the community, and
- has nonexempt assets of not more than 99¢ over the asset limit, after allowing for the Community Spouse Asset Allowance (CSAA), and
- has countable income to apply to medical care costs of not more than 99¢ after deducting the following, as appropriate, from income:
- the Community Standard for one person, and
- the Community Spouse Maintenance Needs Allowance (CSMNA), and
- the Family Maintenance Needs Allowance (FMNA).
Medicaid pays for covered medical services for every month of Regular Medical eligibility.