- When a client reports the receipt of new income, determine ongoing eligibility.
- Explain the HIPP Program and complete HIPP Inquiry (Form 3459A), if applicable.
- Refer the client to Food Stamp Employment and Training for payment of initial employment expenses, if appropriate.
- Determine ongoing eligibility.
- If no longer eligible, determine if the client is eligible for any other medical program, including Assist and All Kids.
- Use GA Computation Worksheet - Income Maintenance (Form 553GA), to compute the amount of budgetable income.
This form is used to determine the amount of income to anticipate for the payment month, and the actual amount of income to budget, if the case remains prospectively eligible.
Example 1: In May, Mr. R reports that in June he will begin receiving SSA of $284.00. For June his anticipated Payment Level is $100.00. Since Mr. R's anticipated income ($284.00) will exceed $100.00, continued
eligibility does not exist. GA benefits will be discontinued effective June.
Example 2: In April, Mrs. W provides proof that in May she will begin receiving SSA of $57.70 each month. Her Payment Level is $100.00.
Step 1: The anticipated total income $57.70 does not exceed the total payment level of $100.00, therefore the client remains eligible.
Step 2: Income received in May ($57.70) is less than the Payment Level for May ($100.00).
Therefore, the $57.70 is budgeted against the total needs for May.
Total needs for May are the Payment Level ($100.00) plus a diabetic diet allowance ($7.92) or $107.92.
$107.92 (total needs)
- 57.70 (total income)
$ 50.22 (benefit check)
Step 3: Effective May, a benefit amount of $50.22 is approved.