- When a person reports that work has ended, ask the date work ended and the date the last pay is to be received.
- Accept the client's statement about when the final paycheck will be received unless the information provided is questionable.
- Keep budgeting earned income through the last month the client receives a paycheck. Stop budgeting earnings beginning with the payment month following the receipt of the client's last paycheck. If cut-off for the month following the month of the
client's last paycheck has passed, issue a Mercury payment for the amount of earnings budgeted for that month.
- Enter code 651 EE in Item 80 with the appropriate date.
Under the PERSONS column, enter the 4-digit date that is the month and year of the client's last paycheck.
Example 1: Client calls stating she was laid off on 04/28. She will receive her last check on 05/02. Enter code 651 EE in Item 80 with the 4-digit date of 05/year under PERSONS.
Example 2: Ms. K has been employed and her earnings have been ongoing for the last 7 months. In July, Ms. K calls her caseworker and reports she has been laid off.
Her last paycheck will be on 08/03. Enter code 651 EE in Item 80 with the 4-digit date of 08/year under PERSONS.
- Delete earned income codes 801/802 from Form 552 when earnings are not to be budgeted.
- When an adult or a child age 16 or over who is not in school loses employment, determine potential eligibility for UI.
To determine potential eligibility for UI:
- run an AWVS clearance on the client, and
- call up and complete the optional "Potential Eligibility for Unemployment Insurance (UI)" screen through ACM.
A determination by the system that a client is not potentially eligible for UI is only based on the current work quarters identified by the system. Future eligibility may occur depending on the client's work history.
- When you learn that a client has lost employment, call up the CLIENT EMPLOYMENT INQUIRY BY CASE screen from the CLIENT EMPLOYMENT SYSTEM (PF-19/F19). Input the case ID and case name. If the information received shows the client and the former
employer's name, enter a U next to the client's name. Entry of a U takes you to the CLIENT EMPLOYMENT CHANGE screen. On that screen, enter the new information concerning the client's lost employment. Enter the following under Employment Data:
- date employment ended, and
- date you learned of the lost employment.
Enter your name under "Changed By."