SSA issues SSI information through SOLQ and SDX, to help determine initial or ongoing eligibility.
NOTE: Adults who qualify for both TANF Cash and SSI must accept the SSI. A person cannot receive TANF Cash and SSI at the same time. But a person can receive TANF MANG and SSI at the same time.
- Only use an SSA 1610-U2 as a part of the application or REDE process to:
- resolve a conflict between evidence and data shown in the SOLQ files; or
- secure historical data not provided by SOLQ.
- To use SSA 1610-U2:
- Complete Consent to Release of Information (Form 34) to request the specific information sought from SSA. Clearly state on Form 34:
- the type of information to be disclosed;
- the purpose for which it is to be used;
- the duration of the consent (not to exceed 90 days); and
- that SSA is the agency authorized by the person to disclose the requested data.
- Attach Form 34 to SSA 1610-U2 and submit to SSA.
NOTE: SSA will return the request unanswered if Form 34 is not attached, or fails to have the client's consent, name, case number, and SSN.
SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) BENEFICIARY TYPE CODES
A client's SSI account is identified by their SSN. One of the following codes may appear with the SSN to identify the type of beneficiary:
- AI - Aged Individual
- AS - Aged Spouse
- BC - Blind Child
- BI - Blind Individual
- BS - Blind Spouse
- DI - Disabled Individual
- DC - Disabled Child
- DS - Disabled Spouse