Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (RSDI) provides monthly cash payments for eligible:
- retired workers age 62 and over;
- insured disabled workers under retirement age; and
- wives, divorced wives, husbands, children (including stepchildren and adoptive children), widows, widowers, and parents of insured persons.
- Tell the client to apply at their local Social Security Administration (SSA) office when it appears they may be eligible for any RSDI benefits. See PM
09-03-01-a for an explanation of the RSDI Program.
- Verify RSDI benefits by using the BENDEX System, State Online Query (SOLQ) inquiry, or by viewing:
- If the information provided by the BENDEX system is used as proof, file the BENDEX Data Exchange Report (Job #R1581240) in the case record. See WAG 22-14-03-a for
information regarding BENDEX.
- If SOLQ is used as proof, file the SOLQ response in the case record.
NOTE: Resolve any conflict between other evidence and data shown in the SOLQ files, e.g. an identification problem. Secure historical data not provided by the SOLQ by using SSA-1610-U2, Social Security - Public
Assistance Agency, Information Request and Report.