As a condition of eligibility for cash or SNAP benefits, it is the noncitizen's responsibility to:
- provide DHS with any information or documents needed to determine the sponsor's income and assets; or
- obtain the necessary cooperation of the sponsor in determining the amount of the sponsor's liability.
If the sponsor is an agency or organization, it is the noncitizen's responsibility to provide proof if the agency or organization no longer exists or is bankrupt. Sponsorship by an agency or organization has no affect on the person's eligibility for
In addition, it is also the noncitizen's responsibility to:
- provide DHS with the names of other noncitizens for whom the sponsor has signed an agreement to support;
- report any changes in the sponsor's income, source of income, assets, and number of dependents which directly affect the noncitizen's eligibility and benefit amount;
- report a change in sponsor and all required information about the new sponsor's income, assets, spouse, and dependents; and
- report the death of the sponsor.