Two groups of children may be eligible for a onetime retroactive relief payment:
- children included in an optional earmarking TANF cash unit, and
- SSI children.
NOTE: Ineligible children are not eligible for a onetime retroactive relief payment.
- (FCRC) Check the appropriate box on the Authorization to Request Earmarked Child Support (Form 2864):
- optional child,
- SSI child, or
- ineligible child.
- (DCSE) Reviews the case for retroactive relief payment eligibility after receiving Form 2864 when:
- a client asks for earmarking for a child in an optional earmarking TANF cash unit, or
- a TANF Cash, All Kids Assist, or Moms and Babies unit includes a child receiving SSI.
- (DCSE) Sends the client a special onetime only retroactive relief check if the case meets the criteria.
- (FCRC) Treat a onetime retroactive relief payment as exempt income. The client does not have to report the receipt of the payment.
- (FCRC) Refer a client with questions about retroactive payments to:
Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
Division of Child Support Enforcement
P.O. Box 2127
Springfield, IL 62705