When an AABD Cash customer's nonexempt resources exceed the resource limit, non-liquid resources can be temporarily exempted. Real property can be exempted for 6 months, and other nonliquid resources can be exempted for 3 months.
For Medical Only cases, see PM 07-02-01.
Temporarily exempt non-liquid resources if the following conditions are met:
- The total equity value of the customer's nonexempt resources does not exceed:
- The total value of the customer's nonexempt liquid resources does not exceed 3 times the SSI payment level:
- The customer signs a written agreement to:
- sell real property within 6 months of the date of the written agreement, or
- sell other non-liquid property within 3 months of the date of the written agreement, and
- repay the Department for any cash and medical benefits paid to or in behalf of the customer while the asset was exempted.
If the customer does not sell the resource within the 3 or 6-month period, despite reasonable and diligent effort and because of circumstances beyond their control, exempt the resource for another 3 months.