For a person who is "not employable" due to a temporary illness or incapacity, verify their illness or incapacity as follows:
- (FCRC) Complete the case information on Report of Incapacity (Form 183A).
- (FCRC) Collect medical information to support the illness or incapacity claim.
- If a current medical report is available from the client's physician or psychiatrist, use that report. If a previous exam was made to determine incapacity for TANF and the findings are current, use that report. Also use any significant medical reports from institutions or hospitals where the person was a patient.
- If current medical reports are not available, call the SSI Advocacy Services Section at (312) 793-7120 to schedule an exam for the client. SSI Advocacy gives the FCRC the date, time and place of appointment.
- Complete Confirmation of Appointment for Physical Examination (Form 3410) in triplicate. Give the original Form 3410 and Form 183A to the client. Send the first copy of the Form 3410 to the medical provider and file the 2nd copy in the case record.
- (FCRC) Complete the caseworker observations on Form 183B.
- (Provider) Completes Form 3410 and Form 183A and returns them to the Family Community Resource Center.
- (FCRC) Send the completed Form 183A and Form 183B, along with available medical reports, to:
Client Assessment Unit
PO Box 19497
Springfield, IL 62794-9497
- (CAU) Completes Form 183C showing:
- the decision regarding the applicant's illness or incapacity, and
- a medical review date.
- (CAU) Returns Form 183A, Form 183B, and Form 183C, along with all supporting medical information, to the Family Community Resource Center.
- (FCRC) If found ill or incapacitated, enter the following codes on Form 552:
||-Enter code 08.
||-Enter code 353 EIN followed by the last month that CAU has determined the person is ill or incapacitated.
The case is centrally canceled for the month following the fiscal month entered in Item 80. The client is centrally sent Form 157C and Important Notice Regarding Eligibility for Transitional Assistance Program (Form 3404).
A batch exception message is also sent to the FCRC to convert food stamp benefits to an FS Only case.
- If CAU finds that the client is not ill or incapacitated, review eligibility based on the other "not employable" criteria.
End of Period of Illness or Incapacity
Effective for the month following the month entered in Item 80 code 353 EIN, the case is centrally canceled. Take the following actions if the client responds.
- If the person contacts the Family Community Resource Center by the last day of the last fiscal month of eligibility and states that they are still ill or incapacitated, request current medical information and follow the procedures used for the initial finding.
If CAU finds that the person is still ill or incapacitated, restore assistance using TA 12/TAR 98. Enter the new review date in Item 80 code 353 EIN.
- If the client provides proof that another criterion is met after central cancellation, but before the last day of the last fiscal month of eligibility, restore assistance using TA 12/TAR 98 (see WAG 19-04-02).
Do not require the client to reapply through intake.
- If the client claims to be disabled, register a P3-TA application. If the client provides the needed medical information by the last day of their last fiscal month of eligibility, approve P3-TA effective with the mongh of cancellation once CAU finds the client disabled. See WAG 03-18-01 for the process to determine if the client is disabled. Do not approve P3-TA until the CAU decision is received.
NOTE: The client must reapply through intake if they do not provide the required medical information by the last day of the last fiscal month of eligibility.
- Once a decision is made on the client's request, complete Part II of Request for Determination of Employability Status (Form 3372).
Send a copy of Form 3372 to the client as notice of the decision, and file the original in the case record.