TANF applicants must cooperate in developing a Responsibilty and Services Plan (RSP) before a case may be approved. See PM 02-09-00.
Clients receiving cash benefits must do the following:
- cooperate in developing the RSP (PM 19-02-00);
- take part in assigned work, training, or other self-sufficiency activities (see PM 21-01-00 through PM 21-04-00);
- cooperate with referral and treatment for substance abuse, when applicable;
- complete other activities in the RSP;
- respond to job referrals;
- accept suitable employment;
- continue employment; and
- not voluntarily reduce wages.