Include all of the following in the family size:
- applicant's spouse, if living in the home;
- person living in the home who has a child in common with the applicant;
- child(ren) receiving care and their blood-related or adopted minor siblings who live with them;
- the children's and siblings' biological, step, or adoptive parent(s) who live with them; and
- all other biological or adopted minor child(ren) of those parent(s) who live in the same home.
Count other persons in the family size who:
- are related by blood or law,
- live with the applicant, and
- depend upon the family income for more than 50% of their support.
This includes a child age 21 or under who is a full-time student away at school if they depend upon the family income for more than 50% of their support. Exception: Do not count the child if they have established legal residence in another state.