To continue QI-1 for a person receiving FamilyCare Assist, when the person loses eligibility for spenddown:
- Delete the QI-1 eligible person from the unit or cancel the case, as appropriate.
- Send client Form 157 that says medical is ending.
- 2a. Add the following statement after the box checked "medical assistance".
You will continue to receive assistance with payment of Medicare Part B SMIB premiums as a Qualified Individual (QI-1).
- Copy the most current application to use for the QI-1 case.
- Reregister the application using Form 552 as the QI-1 application.
- Assign the appropriate category (91, 92, or 93) and case ID.
- Approve the application (see WAG 17-02-04).