To continue SLIB when medical is ending:
- Send client Form 157 that says medical is ending.
- Add following statement after box checked "medical assistance".
- You will continue to receive assistance with payment of Medicare Part B SMIB premiums as a Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLIB).
- Complete Form 552, making needed information changes.
- Delete Item 80 spenddown or long term care credit code, if present.
- Change QMB status indicator in Item 60 to Code 8.
- Enter SLIB effective date (month/year) following Code QMB in Item 60. Use effective month/year of MANG cancellation, to start SLIB benefits without a break.
- Reenter Item 60 HIB and SMIB status indicator codes and dates as they previously appeared.