To continue SLIB for a person in a FamilyCare Assist or Moms and Babies case, when a person or entire family loses eligibility for medical:
- Delete SLIB from unit or cancel case, as appropriate.
- Send client Form 157 that says medical is ending.
- Add following statement after box checked "medical assistance".
- You will continue to receive assistance with payment of Medicare Part B SMIB premiums as a Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLIB).
- Copy most current application to use for SLIB only case.
- Reregister application using Form 552 as SLIB only application.
- Assign appropriate category (91, 92, or 93) and case ID.
- Approve application (see WAG 17-02-04).