- (CO) Verifies Medicare Part A and Part B enrollment, through BENDEX.
- (CO) Generates monthly list, called "Potential Medicaid/SLIB Eligible Cases", of cases with Item 90 income of more than $25 plus SLIB income limit for a single person. List shows cases which Family Community Resource Center must review.
Cases are listed when:
- for Category 91, 92, and 93 cases, code HIB and 4 is centrally added in Item 60, no SMIB status indicator appears, and a code HIB status indicator did not previously appear; and
- code 390 SPD or 395 GCARE appears in Item 80.
The list shows the:
- case name,
- case ID number,
- RIN, and
- total income amounts from Item 90.
- (FCRC) Use Form 2382M to decide if monthly countable income is within SLIB income limit.
NOTE: Spenddown clients are SLIB eligible if they have income above QMB income limit, but at or below SLIB limit. Spenddown enrollment shows that other SLIB eligibility requirements are met.
- (FCRC) Enter following on Form 552 when applicant is SLIB eligible:
||-Social Security/Medicare Claim Number or Railroad Retirement Claim Number. Enter month/year of SLIB eligibility and status indicator 2 following Code QMB. SLIB eligibility may be effective 3 months before application.
- (FCRC) Send SLIB eligible applicant or caretaker the Notice Regarding Medicaid Payment of Medicare Part B Premiums (Form 3420).
NOTE: Send Form 3420 to each client converted to SLIB status by Family Community Resource Center, whether or not they appear on "Potential Medicaid/SLIB Eligible Cases" list.