To continue QMB for a person in a TANF, FamilyCare Assist, or Moms and Babies case when the person or entire family loses eligibility for cash or medical:
- Delete the QMB from the unit or cancel the case, as appropriate.
- Send the client Form 157 that says medical is ending.
- Add the following statement after the box checked "medical assistance".
- You will continue to receive assistance with Medicare cost sharing expenses as a Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB).
- Copy most current application to use for the QMB only case.
- Reregister the application using Form 552 as a QMB only application.
- Assign the appropriate Category 91, 92, or 93 case ID.
- Approve the application (see WAG 17-02-04).