Delay counting the Social Security Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) increase.
- (FCRC) Use the amount of the January Social Security benefit to decide QMB eligibility for January, February, and March for:
- QMB only persons, or
- persons eligible for spenddown.
- (System) Determines QMB eligibility.
- (System) Reduces the amount of Social Security budgeted against the QMB income standard by the COLA increase.
- (FCRC) Establish a control to recalculate QMB eligibility for April using the increased amount of the SSA benefit.
- (FCRC) Do not consider the increase until April, for active cases.
NOTE: Consider the increase to decide cash and MANG eligibility.
- (FCRC) Consider the increase when deciding QMB eligibility, for QMB benefits approved after March, at:
- reapplication, and