To be eligible for QMB a person must:
- be a current Medicare Part A beneficiary;
- meet nonfinancial Medicaid eligibility requirements:
- Social Security number,
- residency, and
- assignment of medical support rights;
- have income at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level; and
- have nonexempt assets less than the QMB asset standard (see PM 06-12-01-a).
NOTE: A person recently enrolled in Part A coverage is not considered a QMB until the first month they actually receive Part A coverage.
Persons who are age 22 through 64, and who reside in DHS facilities which are not covered settings, are not eligible for QMB benefits.