Decide eligibility for Moms and Babies for all pregnant women, before you deny an application.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Ask for information needed to verify eligibility.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Decide Moms and Babies eligibility based on the information from the application interview if the applicant misses a scheduled appointment or fails to provide the requested verifications.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Include in the case record a copy of Form 2383A to document that Moms and Babies eligibility was considered and the result.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) If the applicant is ineligible for Moms and Babies, specify the reason.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Deny the application if the applicant(s) is ineligible for all programs.
To approve Moms and Babies, complete a blank Form 552 to include Moms and Babies eligible persons in the family on one Form 552 along with anyone eligible for Assist.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Follow WAG 25-08-01-b to complete Form 552 except:
||- Enter G if the only person is the pregnant woman. Leave blank otherwise.|
||- Enter 80 to suppress the central notice if there are additional family members approved for spenddown.|
||- Enter EDD (Expected Delivery Date) and the month and year (MM/YY) of the expected delivery date. For example, if the expected delivery date is 07/31/02, enter EDD 07/02.|
||- Enter SSN, if available.|
||- Enter P.|
||- Enter 159 CI. Enter the amount of countable income under AMOUNT. Enter the number used for the Moms and Babies Income standard under PERSONS.|
- (System) Sends Notice of Decision on Application for Cash, Medical and/or Food Stamps (Form 360C), if the person is approved for Moms and Babies.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Complete and send Form 360D and Form 360 for approval of a person for Moms and Babies if the case is being approved as a spenddown for other family members.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit)Put the correct TAR message on the denial notice for a person ineligible for Moms and Babies.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Send Notice of Change During the Enrollment Period for Pregnant Women and For Children (Form 2434D), to notify a pregnant woman about changing the case from Spenddown to Moms and Babies. The Form
2434D is used to notify a client of a change due to:
- a case review,
- REDE, or
- backdating at intake.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Use Form 2434D to notify a client about a change in case number because of combining a Moms and Babies case with a Spenddown case.
- (FCRC/All Kids Unit) Distribute Form 2434D:
- original to pregnant woman;
- copy in the combined Moms and Babies and Spenddown case record; and
- copy in the companion case record, if appropriate.