(FCRC/All Kids Unit)
If a renewal action is not processed, the system centrally cancels the case with TA 28/TAR 09 the night of schedule cut-off for the month following the date in Item 32.
- Example 1: The A family's 12-month eligibility period is 02/11 through 01/12. If the renewal for the family is not reported by 01/17/12, the case centrally cancels the night of 01/17/12.
If a worker did not renew the case timely and the case remains eligible for Share, Premium or Rebate, the All Kids Unit processes a TA 12/TAR 06 to start eligibility again.
Note: DHS FCRC staff must process a TA 12/TAR 06 transaction through EPU to start eligibility again.
- Example 2: The B family's 12-month eligibility period was 04/10 through 03/11; therefore, their renewal was due in 03/11. Form 643KC with all necessary verifications was received at the FCRC on 03/15/11 (before schedule cut-off for 04/11). The worker did not review eligibility until 04/10/11, at which time it was determined that the family remains eligible for Share, Premium or Rebate.
- Since Form 643KC and the necessary verification were received before schedule cut-off in the 12th month of the eligibility period, reinstate the case effective 04/11 with TA 12/TAR 06.
If the case was centrally canceled and the family cooperates by the end of the effective month of cancellation and is determined to be eligible, reinstate the case.
- Example 3: The C family's 12-month eligibility period was 02/11 through 01/12. Form 643KC was not received and the case was centrally canceled effective 02/12. On 02/20/12, the renewal form is received in the All Kids Unit along with the required verifications. The case is reinstated effective 02/12 using TA 12/TAR 06.
- Example 4: The D family's 12-month eligibility period was 01/11 through 12/11. Form 643KC was not received and the case was centrally canceled effective 01/12. The renewal form is returned after 01/31/12. The D family must reapply. Benefits begin for the effective month for which the case is approved.