Approve AABD cash in zero grant status for a client who:
- receives Social Security Widow/Widower benefits,
- lost SSI benefits because of the Social Security Widow/Widower benefits,
- is not entitled to Medicare Part A benefits, and
- meets all AABD asset and nonfinancial eligibility requirements.
A widow/widower who meets these criteria remains eligible in zero grant status until:
- they become entitled to Medicare Part A, or
- they become ineligible for reasons other than receiving Social Security benefits, or
- SSA stops the Social Security Widow/Widowers benefits, or
- they enter a long term care facility.
When eligibility for zero grant status ends, compare income to the appropriate MANG standard.