For residents of a group home to qualify for SNAP benefits, the group home must be a public or private nonprofit residential setting that:
- serves no more than 16 people, and
- is certified by the State.
Meals in the group home may be:
- prepared and served by the group home to a group of residents; or
- prepared and delivered by the group home to an individual resident; or
- prepared by the resident for their own consumption; or
- prepared by a group of residents for their own consumption.
A Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA) must meet nonprofit status to qualify for participation (see WAG 05-08-00).