Use AABD Cash Computation (Form 2382) to compare the client's Total Needs amount to their income. Include in the client's needs, code 326, Grant Adjustment, and code 325, Income Exemption.
Eligible for AABD Cash
If the review shows that the client is financially eligible, authorize cash assistance effective:
- the first day of the fiscal month the case was placed in zero grant status (unless the budgeting of the lump sum income causes ineligibility for this month), or
- the first day of the month after the month was placed in zero grant status if budgeting of the lump sum income causes ineligibility for the first month of zero grant status.
To authorize AABD Cash eligibility, take the following action:
- Submit Form 552 completing the following items:
- Item 2 - Enter a 4-digit date (MM/YY) for which the action is authorized.
- Item 3 - Enter TA 31.
- Item 30 - Enter, if appropriate.
- Item 34 - Delete code 4.
- Item 44 - Complete, as appropriate.
- Item 80 - Add codes, as appropriate.
- Item 90 - Review for accuracy.
- Item 91 - Review for accuracy.
- Send Notice of Review of Eligibility for SSP (Form 3500) to the client. Attach a copy of Form 2382.
- If the client is eligible for assistance for the first month zero grant status was authorized, or for any month in zero grant status prior to authorizing the regular roll assistance, authorize supplemental assistance by Mercury. Authorize a separate
check for each month due supplemental assistance. In Item 80 of Form 552, authorize the total monthly amount due as code 255.
If the client is eligible for an ongoing cash payment, but was ineligible for the first month zero grant status was authorized due to budgeting the SSI lump sum payment, do not authorize supplemental assistance for the first month of zero grant
Client is Ineligible for AABD Cash
For a Medical client who resides in the community, the SSI lump sum payment is exempt as income and as an asset. If the review shows the client is not eligible for AABD Cash, authorize continued medical assistance as follows:
- Swap the case from Cash to Medical using TA 81 or TA 82 with TAR 93.
- Send the client Form 3500 advising them of cash ineligibility. Attach a copy of Form 2382.
- If the review shows that the client should be enrolled in spenddown, change the case to spenddown. Send Notice of Changes During the Enrollment Period or Eligibility Period - MANG Community Case (Form 2434A) to the client. Send Form 2434A in addition
to Form 3500 and Form 2382.