Upon receipt of the listing entitled "P3 Cases Centrally Changed to Category 03 Zero Grant Cases," complete a review of cash eligibility for each case on the listing. Review the case for changes in:
- the client's living arrangement,
- the client's needs,
- the client's asset level (if the client received an SSA/SSI lump sum payment that exceeds the client's asset limit).
To review eligibility, take the following steps:
- If not available from the case record, contact the client to determine the needs included in the AABD Cash standard.
- If the client received an SSA/SSI lump sum payment in excess of the client's asset limit, verify the client's assets.
- Complete a cash computation. Include in the client's needs, the Grant Adjustment allowance and the Income Exemption.
- Compare the Total Needs amount to the client's income.
Eligible for AABD Cash
The client is eligible for AABD Cash if the Total Needs amount exceeds the ongoing monthly countable income by at least $1, and the client's assets are within their asset limit.
The client is eligible for cash even if they are ineligible for a grant for the first month Category 03 zero grant status was authorized due to the budgeting of the lump sum income.
Authorize cash assistance for the first month Category 03 zero grant status was authorized. If a cash payment cannot be authorized via regular roll payment for the first month Category 03 zero grant status was authorized, authorize supplemental
assistance by mercury warrant.
Send the client notice of eligibility and a copy of the computation sheet.
Ineligibility for AABD Cash
If the review shows that the client is not eligible for AABD Cash, authorize continued medical assistance as Category 93. (An SSI lump sum payment is exempt as income and as an asset for a medical client who resides in the community.)
Send the client notice of cash ineligibility and a copy of the computation sheet.