The following procedures apply to an active case when the person with 60+ months is the parent of at least one but not all of the children in the case. Many of these cases have a minor and their child(ren) in the minor's parent's case or 2 adults and
each has a child in the case. Because the system cannot tell who remains eligible, cash is stopped for everyone. It is very important that Family Community Resource Center staff follow up and restore cash assistance without a break for persons who remain
eligible. No request is needed to restore cash assistance for persons who are eligible without an exception.
- (System) Uses TA 32/TAR 77 to centrally place the case in zero grant code E when it appears someone in the case may remain eligible after 60 months.
- (System) Sends Form 157C with the reason message:
You are ineligible for TANF Cash due to the 60-month lifetime limit. There is a child(ren) in your case who may still qualify for cash. Contact your worker to find out more. PM 03-06
- (System) Sends a batch exception message on the case.
- (FCRC) Review the relationship between the person with 60+ months and the children to determine who remains eligible. The person with 60+ months and their dependent sons and daughters are ineligible. Other related children,
minor parents, and the minor's children remain eligible for TANF without an exception to the time limit. A 2nd adult may remain eligible if there are eligible children.
5. (FCRC) In 3-generation cases, send a mail-in application (Form 2378B) to the minor parent.
5a. If the minor parent submits Form 2378B, delete the minor and child from the zero grant case. Set up a new TANF case for the minor and their child, using copies of the necessary verifications from the previous record. The parent may be the RPT if
the minor parent is under 18.
5b. If the minor parent does not submit the mail-in application, do not delete the minor and child from the zero grant case.
6. (FCRC) Cancel the zero grant case with TA 22/TAR 63. A Medical case is centrally set up. If the family receives FS, review the FS case and make appropriate changes.
5. (FCRC) When it is not a 3-generation case, delete the ineligible persons using TA 34/TAR 60 and add them as FS only persons. Remove zero grant reason E from Item 34, and restore TANF cash benefits for the eligible persons
without a loss of benefits. If appropriate, change the payee for the TANF case or enter RPY in Item 8 and code 1 in Item 28.
6. (System) Issues Form 157C with the message:
(Name) is ineligible for TANF Cash due to the 60-month lifetime limit. PM 03-06
7. (FCRC) Copy necessary items from the case record and open a Category 94 or 96 case(s) for the person(s) you deleted from the TANF case.
8. (FCRC) If the family receives FS, review the FS case and make appropriate changes.