- Use the number of hours reported on the EI REDE Redetermination Application (Form 4765) when budgeting for the 6 months, unless the client states they expect the number of hours to change. If they expect a change, use the number of hours they expect to work.
- Enter the earnings in whole dollars (no cents) through AIS, ACM, or in Item 90 of Form 552.
- In AIS or ACM, enter the hours in the "Weekly Hours" field on the Actuals screens. If the client has more than one job, enter the earnings and weekly hours for each one separately.
- In Item 90 of Form 552, enter the income code. Under Amount, enter the dollar amount of earnings, H (for Hours), and the weekly hours for this type of income. If the client has more than one job with the same type of income, enter the total earnings and hours for this client. Enter the client's RIN above the amount.
Example: A client has $550 gross wages and works 25 hours per week. In Item 90, enter 802 under Code and $550H25, with the client's RIN above it, under Amount.
NOTE: Enter H and weekly hours in the cents position only when entering the amount of earnings through IPACS. Do not enter H and weekly hours in the cents position in AIS or ACM.
- Enter amount and hours for Item 90 Codes 714, 717 and 803. The income is not budgeted, but hours are counted for participation and stopping the 60 month counter.
- On the turnaround Form 552 and on ACID Screen 2, weekly hours of work appear in the Item 90 code Amount, after the H, as described in the example above.
- If income is already budgeted and the client reports a change in work hours, change the weekly hours (up or down).
- If it is a change in hours for the same job, change the weekly hours on the existing Item 90 code.
- If there is income already budgeted for one adult and a 2nd adult gets a job, enter a new Item 90 code 801 or 802 indicating the amount of dollars to budget, H, weekly hours, the 2nd adult's RIN, and no source code.
- If the client has income budgeted and gets a 2nd job with a different type of income, enter the new Item 90 code indicating the amount of dollars to budget, H, weekly hours, and the client's RIN. For example, the client has wages budgeted with code 802. In 10/99, she reports she is also self-employed, working 10 hours per week, earning $50 a week. Enter code 801, $215H10 under Amount (through use of income-averaging), and the RIN, for the first possible effective month.
Child Care Provider Paid Close to Department Rate
Answer 'Y' to question 'Is self-employment from child care paid close to the Department's child care rate?' in AIS/ACM and enter actual hours. Enter 'A' in IPACS in the NO. column of Item 90 Code 801 and enter actual hours of employment.
See WAG 06-16-06 for current Department child care rates.
All Other Self-Employment
For all other self-employment, and for child care that is paid at significantly less than the Department's child care rate, answer 'N' to question 'Is self-employment from child care paid close to the Department's child care rate?' in AIS/ACM. Enter 'M' in IPACS in the NO. column of Item 90 Code 801 to indicate hours are to be calculated by dividing total self-employment income by the federal minimum wage. Entry of hours is not permitted. The calculation of hours is done by the overnight system.