AABD Cash payments are made to persons whose age, blindness, or disability satisfies the SSI eligibility requirements.
To receive AABD Cash, a person must:
- be receiving SSI; or
- have been denied SSI due to income; or
- be a noncitizen who:
- is 65 years of age or older, and
- meets the citizenship/immigration requirements for medical assistance, and
- legally resided in the U.S. on 08/22/96, and
- was denied SSI due to a finding of "not disabled"; or
- be a noncitizen who is ineligible for SSI due to expiration of the federal 7 year limit.
The cash payment is the difference between the client's income and the AABD Cash Assistance Standard.