The correct application date is very important. DHS is required to determine eligibility for programs within certain timeframes.
The application date is the first workday the office receives the application before 5:00 p.m., unless the application is:
- accepted by ORS Counselors for applicants or recipients of Vocational Rehabilitation or Blind Services; or
- an SNAP application taken by SSA; or
- received from an all Kids Application Agent; or
- a faxed application received when the office is closed; or
- a DHS web application. When received on a workday before 5:00 p.m., the application date is the date of receipt by DHS. The date of application is the next business day, if the application is received by DHS on or after 5:00 p.m. or on a holiday or weekend.
The All Kids and FamilyCare Online Application is sent to the HFS All Kids Unit only. The application date is the date the application is received electronically in the Automated Intake System (AIS).