(DCFS) Files applications for children under the age of 19 who live in medical facilities.
NOTE: The application is filed by DCFS' Eligibility Determination Unit, Springfield. The child is the applicant.
Files an application for AABD MANG at the local office serving the area of the facility in which the child lives when the child reaches age 19.
Provides DCFS Family Reunification Referral (CFS 301) to the customer or to the local office when a DCFS ward is returned to the home from which they were removed and the caretaker relative applies for TANF or Family Health Plans, or requests addition of the child to the benefit unit.
(FCRC) Take the following action:
- (FCRC) Schedule an interview as soon as possible.
- (FCRC) Review CFS 301 for completeness. If completed correctly, use CFS 301 to verify relationship and living with (see PM 03-05-00). File CFS 301 in the case record.
- (FCRC) Decide eligibility and, if eligible, authorize assistance immediately.
- (FCRC) For TANF applications, if the caretaker relative provided the required verification of income but is unable to verify one or more nonfinancial factors of eligibility, presume the case eligible (see PM 17-02-01-a).
If the applicant fails to appear for a scheduled interview, process the application using regular processing standards.
When a caretaker relative applies for TANF or Family Health Plans for a DCFS ward or the ward's child, or requests the child's addition to the benefit unit:
- (FCRC) Determine through a terminal inquiry (Query CFS on ACID file) if the child currently receives Foster Care/Adoption Care Assistance (category 98).
- (FCRC) If the child receives Foster or Adoption Care Assistance, deny the request.