An application filed on behalf of a person age 18 or over, not a ward of DCFS, who lives in one of the following types of facilities (including a DHS facility) is filed at the Family Community Resource Center (Nursing Home Services - Cook County) serving
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)
- Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF)
- Intermediate Care Facilities for the Mentally Retarded (ICF/MR) including Specialized Living Centers (ICF/MR-SLC), Intermediate Care Facilities for the Mentally Retarded with 16 or fewer beds (ICF/MR-16), and Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF)
including Skilled Nursing Facilities - Pediatric Care (ICF/MR - SNF/PED)
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Residential Care Facilities
- Public Educational or Vocational Training Institutions
An application filed in behalf of a person under age 18, not a ward of DCFS, who lives in one of the above listed types of facilities, is filed at the Family Community Resource Center serving the residence of the child's parent(s) or legal guardian. This
applies regardless of the child's county of residence. Refer a parent(s) or legal guardian who lives in Cook County to Nursing Home Services, to apply for a child who lives in a medical facility.
NOTE: When the child's case is approved, transfer the approved case to the Family Community Resource Center serving the child's residence.