Service coordination activities include:
- ongoing assessment to discover additional barriers to self-sufficiency which may arise;
- updating the RSP, as necessary;
- monitoring the client's progress in completing the steps set by their RSP. This may include contacting providers who are working with the client;
- effective case management of assistance programs (e.g., processing REDEs timely, budgeting income appropriately, etc.) to ensure the client/family receives all the benefits to which they are entitled;
- ensuring supportive services the client needs remain intact (e.g., child care, transportation assistance, etc.); and
- linking the client/family with other resources they may need both in and out of DHS.