In the Coordinated Intake process you:
- offer to assess the family's situation by identifying their strengths, needs, and potential risks;
NOTE: The applicant may decline this offer.
- gather information necessary to determine eligibility for specific programs the applicant is applying for;
- make the applicant aware of other benefits (i.e., Cash/Medical/SNAP benefits) for which they may qualify;
- offer referrals as needed which may be of help to the applicant;
- suggest resources that may support the applicant's efforts to reach maximum independence; and
- make decisions about the benefits the applicants are eligible to receive.