In the Coordinated Intake process you:
- assess the family's situation by identifying their strengths, needs and potential risks;
- gather information necessary to determine eligibility for specific programs the applicant is applying for;
- make referrals as needed;
- design an initial Responsibility and Services Plan (RSP) in conjunction with the applicant, and monitor their follow-up with the plan if necessary; and
- make decisions about the benefits the applicants are eligible to receive.
NOTE: Do not complete an RSP until an assessment has been completed.