IES Phase 2 Process
(IES) centrally generates IL444-0360C Notice of Decision when there is a change in benefit amounts or case status. For more information on IL444-360C Notice of Decision, see:
- Cash - WAG 01-06-02-a
- Medical - WAG 01-06-02-b
- SNAP - WAG 01-06-02-d
Legacy System Process (ACM and IPACS)
(FCRC) Submits Form 552 via IPACS or processes the transaction via ACM to reduce or stop benefits.
- (System) Sends notices and supporting documents to client (when coded by caseworker to do so).
- Sends Form 157C, when decision is made to reduce or stop benefits. Dates/mails Form 157C no later than 2 workdays after action was transmitted.
- For TANF Cash cases, also sends a TANF/SNAP Computation - Work Pays (Form 553H), and if applicable, an Attachment to Computation of Grant/SNAP (Form 553GC).
- For AABD Cash cases, also sends the AABD/SNAP Computation (Form 4050C).
- Prints the following message on Form 157C for a reduction in SNAP benefits "You will receive SNAP benefits through MM/YY."
NOTE: The system fills in the date for specific case, based on information in Form 552 Item 24, SNAP Certification Expiration Date.
- (System) Sends Form 157C when the Family Community Resource Center has sufficient information to determine ongoing SNAP eligibility and:
- Cash benefits are reduced or canceled; or
- Medical benefits are canceled.
- If both Cash and SNAP go down, Form 157C gives SNAP approval end date.
- If both Medical benefits and SNAP benefits are canceled, but for different reasons, Form 157C only contains notification and reason for the SNAP cancellation.
- If both Medical and SNAP benefits are canceled for the same reason, Form 157C gives the reason for both cancellations.
- Sends Form 157C if cash benefits go down but SNAP benefits go up. Form 157C tells increase in SNAP amount and gives SNAP approval end date.
- (FCRC) Completes and sends a timely Form 157 when a decision is made to:
- For AABD Cash cases, also sends the AABD/SNAP Computation (Form 4050).
- (FCRC) Completes and sends Notice of Determination of Monthly Spenddown Met/Unmet (Form 458SP-1) for a MANG community case, each month a determination of spenddown status is made.
- (FCRC) Completes and sends Notice of Changes During the Enrollment Period or Eligibility Period-MANG Community Case (Form 2434A) (with Form 458SPA/SPB attached, if needed), to notify the MANG community client of a change in:
- Spenddown amount,
- case classification (i.e., regular MANG to spenddown or spenddown to regular MANG), or
- period of enrollment or eligibility.
- (FCRC) For a long term care case, completes and sends Notice of Determination of Spenddown Met/Unmet-MANG Long Term Care Case (Form 458SP-3) each month a determination of spenddown status is made.
- (FCRC) Completes and sends Notice of Change - MANG Long Term Care Case (Form 2434C) to notify a long term care client of a change in the spenddown amount and/or case classification.
- (FCRC) Sends Nursing Home/Supportive Living Facility Resource Calculation (HFS 2500), when there are changes in the credit and/or spenddown amount.
- (System) Sends client Notice of Termination of Medical Enrollment/Assistance - MANG (Form 157DP) as notice of cancellation when 12-month enrollment period ends and spenddown was not met in at least one of last 3 months of enrollment period.
NOTE: Application for Medical Assistance-Short Form (Form 2431) is sent with Form 157DP.
- (FCRC) Completes and sends Notice to Client of Protective Payment for Mismanagement - TANF (Form 2392) when a decision is made to set up a protective payment plan based on mismanagement.