Every applicant for benefits must receive a written notice of approval or denial.
A Notice of Decision must include:
- approval or denial decision;
- amount of benefit;
- persons in the unit who are eligible;
- the date of notice;
- Family Community Resource Center phone number;
- a clear statement of the action taken;
- a clear statement of the reason for the action;
- a specific policy reference which supports the action;
- a clear statement of the client's right to appeal
- instructions for long term care applicants regarding a hardship waiver; and
- contact information for free legal counsel.