Send written notices to clients when:
- approving or denying a written request for any benefits (including Crisis Assistance), or placing the request in pending status;
- reducing, suspending, voiding, or canceling benefits;
- shortening the approval period due to enrollment in EZ REDE status;
- setting up a protective payee plan;
- making a decision on a client request for payment of medical services or items that need prior approval;
- transferring a case;
- increasing cash benefits when there was a written request for the increase;
- taking action to recoup an overpayment;
- taking a person out of the case; or
- making a decision on a work exemption request (does not apply to food stamps).
NOTE: Inform clients orally when medical transportation is approved.