Long Term Care
- (FCRC) Call the Department of Public Health (DPH) Long Term Care/Nursing Home Hotline (1-800-252-4343) to report suspected abuse or neglect. The hotline operates 24 hours a day.
- (Nurse) Notifies the HFS Bureau of Long Term Care (BLTC) Regional Supervisor when abuse or neglect is suspected. The BLTC Regional Supervisor, in turn, notifies the Metro or Downstate Area Manager, as appropriate.
- (FCRC) Notifies the BLTC Regional Supervisor when resident abuse or neglect is suspected. Use Problem Resolution Request Form (Form 2738). Call the BLTC Regional Supervisor in an emergency at 217-782-0545.
- (Regional Supervisor) Notifies the BLTC nurse who follows-up on the report made to DPH and reports back to the long term care worker.
NOTE: Reports of suspected abuse or neglect may also be made to DPH in writing or in person. The person making the report is not required to give their name.
Supportive Living Facility
- (FCRC) Call the BLTC at 217-782-0545 to report suspected abuse or neglect. Follow-up in writing with Form 2738.
- (BLTC) The BLTC nurse investigates the report and reports back to the Family Community Resource Center.