1759 - Questions and Answers - Healthy Transitions

Helping Families. Supporting Communities. Empowering Individuals.

Federal Application No. SM-19-001

Q. Are providers required to serve those with a co-occurring developmental disability diagnosis or would providers be able to choose 1-2 areas of focus from the below list?  "Unique to this funding opportunity is that the communities may choose to focus on individuals who also have a co-occurring developmental disability, may not be working, in school or in vocational and higher education programs."

A. The provider needs to choose the population of focus based on the needs in the community.

Q. The NOFO states that a Youth Coordinator with lived experience must be hired. Could you please clarify what constitutes lived experience, what the expectations of this coordinator's role would be, and if this position may be full- or part-time?

A. Please refer to the link above, Federal Application No. SM-19-001, for the answers to these questions.

Q. Regarding the requirement, "Be certified by IDHS for a minimum of two years as a Certified Community Mental Health Center or a certified Community Health Provider," I am not sure if my agency meets this designation.

A. The provider must have been a Certified Community Mental Health Center for a minimum of two years. When did the provider receive their CMHC certification?

It is my understanding that IL DHS is the "state/tribal/territorial agency that oversees delivery of mental health services to youth and young adults, ages 16-25, with serious mental disorders." Is this correct?

A. Yes.

Regarding the information under "Funding Restrictions" in the NOFO for Healthy Transitions: does this mean that the grant will only allow us to work with unfunded youth, or can we work with any eligible your regardless of their funding/insurance?

A. The provider may work with any transition-age youth between ages 16-25, regardless of payer. However, the agency will need to bill the services provided to the correct payer of record. Services that they propose in their application can include those in Rule 140 and additional services specific to the transition-age population that are not currently billable to another funding stream. No supplanting of services under this grant can occur.

Does the Audit section of the Programmatic Risk Survey for a NOFO application under the Division of Mental Health apply only to our Mental Health-funded programs, or for any programs funded through a DHS division?

A. This would be department-wide.

Are we required to submit a budget with the Healthy Transitions grant proposal?

A. The development of a collaborative budget will be developed after the two partnering agencies are identified. Agencies intending to submit a response to the NOFO should be prepared to start working on the collaborative budget immediately upon notification that they were a successful applicant.

Regarding the expected outcomes: Are there published performance standards/outcomes already established? Or are we to develop outcomes for the proposal?

A. There are minimum requirements provided in the Federal FOA (see link at the top of this list). The agency should be able to identify outcomes they and their community would like to accomplish, based on their population of focus.

Where can I get the information about the fiscal report?

A. Please refer to Section B - Funding Information. Additional Fiscal reporting responsibilities will be determined if IDHS-DMH receives a federal award.

What are the fringe benefits for current full-time employees and new hired employees?

A. This would be determined by the two community providers who are the successful applicants to the NOFO opportunity.

How does this grant work? Is it reimbursement spending expenditure?

A. Please refer to Section B - Funding Information.

Regarding the NICRA requirement. Our organization has received funding in the past from the Federal government, so I am assuming we are compliant and do not need to submit any additional documentation. Am I understanding this requirement correctly?

A. If the agency already has a NICRA (Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement) approved, they can submit it along with their proposal packet as an attachment.

Q. Are we to submit outcomes in our submission to the state?

A. If DMH receives a federal award under the Healthy Transitions FOA Number SM-19-001, the two providers/communities chosen to partner with DMH on implementation will need to submit data and outcomes to the evaluator based on the federal evaluation.