Effective Date: 01/01/00
Reference: 89 Ill. Adm. Code, Chapter IV, §50.110 (e)
Clients are responsible for reporting to the Department or its agents all changes in income, employment, family size, number of children receiving care or any other factor that would affect eligibility for child care services. The Department or its agents may schedule a redetermination at any time upon receiving information that could affect eligibility for child care services.
A client must notify the CCR&R or Site Administered Provider of a name and/or address change or of any change that may affect their eligibility for child care services within 10 days of the change.
CCR&R staff and Site Administered Providers must redetermine a family's eligibility for child care assistance if any of the following occur: change in income, change in family size, change in marital status, change in the number of days of care or a change in the reason for care.
- Address, Zip Code, or Name Change (Without a change in marital status)
- CCR&R Procedures
- A client must make their request for an address, zip code, or name change in writing.
- If the client is requesting a name change, ask the client if his/her marital status has also changed. If so, the case must be redetermined based on the new family size.
- After receiving the written notification of an address, zip code or name change (without a marital status change), update the Child Care Tracking System (CCTS) as appropriate.
- Site Administered Provider Procedures
- Complete a Change of Information form to document the client's request for an address, zip code, or name change.
- If the client is requesting a name change, ask the client if his/her marital status has changed. If so, eligibility must be redetermined based on the new family size.
- Update the client's eligibility file.
- Send the Change of Information DEF to email@example.com within 10 days to update the CCTS as appropriate.
- All Other Changes
If the CCR&R or Site Administered Provider is informed of any other change that may affect the family's eligibility for child care assistance or the copayment amount, the case must be redetermined according to 02.03.01. This includes, but is not limited to, changes in marital status, family size, reason for care, number of days of care, type of care (either full time or part time), or a significant change in income. A significant change in income is defined as a 20% increase or decrease. Do not process routine income fluctuations as a change in income.