Effective Date: 01/01/00
Reference: 89 Ill. Adm. Code, Chapter IV, §50.110
Participants have the following rights and responsibilities:
- A. Persons receiving child care services can request hearings, as provided at 89 Ill. Adm. Code 104, Subpart A, as appropriate, on issues concerning the appropriateness of, denial of, prompt issuance of, or intended actions to discontinue, terminate, suspend, or reduce child care assistance under this Part.
B. Assistance under this Part will not be continued at the previous level pending a hearing.
- Child care services received by a family must be reasonably related to the hours of training or employment including the transportation needs of the family.
- Parents may choose their child care arrangements, but payments will be subject to all appropriate rules.
- Parents are responsible for providing income verification and all other information required by the Department in order to determine eligibility for child care services.
- Parents are responsible for reporting to the Department or its agents all changes in income, employment, family size, number of children receiving care, or any other factor that would affect eligibility for child care services. The Department or its agents may schedule a redetermination at any time upon receiving information that could affect eligibility for child care services.
- Parents must avail themselves of all other available child care services including child care appropriate and available from the Department of Children and Family Services offered to particular categories of care givers, such as foster parents, who are employed and need child care to be foster parents.