Effective Date: 01/01/00
If a Child Care Application (Form 3455) or a Request for Redetermination (Form 3455E) is incomplete, give the client and/or provider an opportunity to provide the missing information.
These procedures apply to Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies and Site Administered Providers.
- Review the entire Child Care Application (Form 3455) or Request for Redetermination (Form 3455E) and identify all missing information needed to determine eligibility.
- If the missing information can be obtained over the phone, attempt to contact the client and/or provider by phone within the first 24 hours.
- If the attempt to gather the information over the phone is unsuccessful, send a Request for Additional Information Form within ten (10) business days of receipt of the Child Care Application (Form 3455) or Request for Redetermination (Form
- Do not return the original application under any circumstances. If a signature is missing, send a copy of that page of the Child Care Application or the Request for Redetermination.
- Whether seeking additional information from the parent or provider, send an exact copy of the request to the other party.
- Always keep a copy of what was sent for the case record.
- The information requested must be returned within ten (10) business days. Responses may be hand-delivered, mailed, or faxed.
- If the Request for Additional Information is ignored, deny an initial application using reason code #14, or cancel a case being redetermined using reason code #64.
- If the Request for Additional Information is returned with partial information, send a second request allowing an additional ten (10) business days for the missing information to be returned.
- If the second Request for Additional Information form is not returned within ten (10) business days or is still incomplete, deny the application using reason code #14.