Effective Date: 01/01/00
Reference: 89 Ill. Adm. Code, Chapter IV, §50.210, §50.230
Cross Reference: 01.03.02 - Employment
Teen parents are eligible to receive child care services while they attend school to obtain a high school degree or its equivalent. Teen parent means parents through 19 years of age.
A parent under 20 years of age who is enrolled in high school or a GED program is eligible for child care assistance.
- Required Documentation
- High school schedule and/or verification of enrollment in GED program,
- Two most recent and consecutive pay stubs, if employed. Please refer to 01.03.02 for those applicants who have not been employed long enough to have received two pay stubs.
- If eligible, approve care for the length of the program or grading period.
- Reasonable study and travel time, if requested by the parent, will be considered when determining the child care schedule. Do not approve care if the parent is studying at home.
- If the teen parent is temporarily suspended from school for 30 days or less, child care services received by the family may continue.
- If the teen parent is expelled from school, child care services received by the family may continue for a period not to exceed 30 days to enable the teen to enroll in another approved program.