Enter the last month and year (MM/YY) of the current SNAP approval period when:
- SNAP benefits are approved on this Form 552 (Item 15 is coded 1, 2, 4, 5, or 6), and
- an SNAP case is approved for the first time or an SNAP REDE is completed.
For new approvals, the system will not process SNAP benefits if there is no entry.
The SNAP approval period ends on the last day of the fiscal month shown in this item.
When an application is approved in IES, the system assigns an Item 24 date based on the SNAP Approval Period Chart in WAG 17-05-02. Currently the date assigned must pass through the IPACS edits.
The Item 24 IPACS edits are:
- For a case in mail-in EZ REDE, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective month regular roll month plus 6 months
- For a case in Mid-Point Reporting status, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 12 months.
- For a cash, or medical case not in Mid-Point Reporting status, Item 24 cannot exceed the effective regular roll month plus 12 months.