BSNAPI bases its findings on the information current for the review month shown on Quality Control Report - Review Findings/Family Community Resource Center Action (Form 263), or Quality Control Report - Review Findings/Family Community Resource Center Action, Negative Case Action Sample (Form 263N), even though the error may have happened some time before the review date. The error will still be cited even if the FCRC has corrected it after the first day of the month under review.
BSNAPI/BMI sends Form 263/263N to the Family Community Resource Center (FCRC) when a case is completed. The form indicates QC findings and the action the FCRC needs to take.
If the review indicates that the FCRC does not have to reply:
- (FCRC) Take immediate action necessary based on the information.
- (FCRC) File Form 263/263N in the case record.
If the review requires a reply:
- If the FCRC agrees with the findings, take immediate action to correct the case.
- For a negative case action review:
- if the error is because of a lack of documentation in the case record, check that the negative action was correct and document the reason for the denial or termination in the case record. If the action was not correct, take the appropriate action.
- if the Form 263N shows that timely notice requirements were not met, send a correct timely notice. If the client appeals the new timely notice, follow appeal procedures. If the decision requires the restoration of medical benefits for a prior period, send the request to the Bureau of Policy Development.
- Reply by the required due date even if you disagree but do not have all the required proof.
NOTE: If you disagree with the findings, include all missing documentation that verifies the issuance on the case.
- Call BSNAPI for an extension if the reply will be late or you are seeking additional information.
- Cancel the case if it is ineligible and refer it for recovery.
- Start recoupment if the case is active and overpaid.
- Issue Past Month's SNAP benefits if an agency-caused underissuance occurred. Refer to WAG 23-01-02-b regarding required steps to follow prior to authorizing past month benefits.
- Complete Section IV of Form 263/263N, including:
- a detailed explanation of what caused the error; a description of the actions taken to correct the case, including computations, dates, dollar amount, copies of Overpayment Referral (Form 2404) and Notice of Overpayment (Form 2404X). If an agency caused underissuance occurred, refer to WAG 23-01-02-b regarding required steps to follow prior to authorizing past month benefits.
- if the FCRC disagrees with the QC finding, an explanation of the disagreement and supporting documents. If the FCRC has a policy question, include the question as part of the response; and
- if the FCRC disagrees with the QC recommendation because of a change in circumstances after the review date, an explanation and a description of the changed circumstances and actions to correct the error.
- Distribute Form 263/263N:
- original to:
Bureau of SNAP Integrity
100 South Grand Avenue E.
Springfield, IL 62762
- copy in the case record.
NOTE: Form 263 and supporting documents are due in Springfield by the 'Date Due' indicated on Form 263.
- (BSNAPI) Reviews information in Section IV of Form 263/263N to follow up and respond to any disagree response and to ensure appropriate case actions are completed.
- (BSNAPI) Notifies the FCRC when additional case actions are necessary. This may require an additional reponse from the FCRC.
- (FCRC) Take any additional action(s) required by BSNAPI.