The Social Security Administration Programs Control Unit (SSA/PCU) (Bureau of Operations Support) has responsibility for coordinating the following, with the SSA and CMS:
- SSN Discrepancies
- SSA Benefit Data Exchange (BENDEX)
- SSI Benefit Data Exchange (SDX)
- State Online Query (SOLQ)
- Medicare Part A Hospital Insurance Benefits (HIB)
- Medicare Part B Supplementary Medical Insurance Benefits (SMIB)
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLIB)
- Chronic Renal Dialysis
This Unit exchanges and uses SSA data for determining eligibility, central budgeting, and payment of HIB/SMIB premiums on behalf of clients.
Refer problems or discrepancies to the SSA PC Unit for resolution.